Mike Veny punched nuns and tried suicide (but didn’t die) at age 10. Now he’s doing speaking gigs, TedTalks, transforming stigma, and unleashing grooves all over the world. He spent his childhood hospitalized for mental illnesses. We listen to Game 2 of the World Series and talk with Mike Veny about why your dsyleixa is actually a good thing, surviving mental illness, baseball, and God knows what else.
Mike Veny Topics
- Cubs Game 2 of the World Series
- How mental illness is an asset
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder (Mike’s mom had it)
- Mike growing up punching nuns
- At risk youth
- Caleb’s “fake it ’till you make it” fail
- Is all fair in love and war?
- Original Chris Brake Show song: “Michael Veny”
- Original Chris Brake Show “Unleash Your Groove” drum circle
Mike Veny Links
- @MikeVeny on Twitter
- Mike Veny’s Ted Talk | “Mental Illness is an Asset | Mike Veny | TEDxNormal”
Also In This Episode
Here’s the “I Ain’t Afraid of No Goat” shirt Chris mentions during the episode!